Package your samples for delivery
- Please send TWO bottles per brand entered for the Tasting Awards.
- Please send ONE bottle per brand entered for the Design & Packaging Awards.
- If entering a product range for the Design & Packaging Awards, please send ONE bottle for every product in the range.
- For any bottle samples where the brand name is not written in English, please accompany each bottle with a label in English stating the brand name and the ABV.
- Please ensure bottles are safely packaged to avoid breakages.
- Please note: bottles will not be returned.
Include the official ISC documents
- ISC label: Official ISC shipping labels will be sent to entrants on confirmation of entries and these must be included with any packages you send. Failure to include these labels may result in your samples not being accepted at the ISC warehouse.
- Proforma Invoice: All bottles must be accompanied by a pro forma invoice for the purpose of paying UK VAT.
- A sample pro forma invoice may be found here - Pro_Forma_Invoice.docx and must be included with your shipment. However, you may be required to complete additional paperwork with your shipper in addition to this pro forma invoice.
Send your samples
- If product samples arrive at our warehouse which do not have UK Duty PAID assigned to the bottles, we will invoice the entrant for the cost of providing this service. The invoice must be paid immediately or the entry may be withdrawn. In this instance, no refund will be made.
- The purchase of UK Excise Duty is different to Customs Duty charges and both are the responsibility of the entrant. More information can be found at www.gov.uk
- The ISC will do everything we can to assist in clearing products through customs but the final responsibility rests with the entrant to cover any related charges, ensuring bottle samples are cleared through customs in time for the event judging.
- PLEASE DO NOT, under any circumstances, arrange for UK duty to be paid by your shipping agent.
- Please remember that you need to send two bottles per tasting entry and one additional bottle if entering the Design & Packaging awards.
- UK Excise Duty is payable on all alcoholic products, irrespective of strength.
- Please ensure you adhere to the ISC delivery deadlines and shipping instructions quoting the relevant approval numbers below.
- SENDING FROM THE UK: All bottle samples from within the UK should be sent to us on a Duty Paid only basis. Please ensure each bottle sample you send has a UK Duty Stamp on the bottle along with a packing list/delivery note of what is being sent to us in the consignment.
- SENDING FROM OUTSIDE THE UK, BUT WITHIN THE EU: All bottle samples should be sent to our warehouse as being under bond / under total duty suspension. Each bottle sample must be supported by an ARC entry on the EU wide EMCS system, which will be completed by our bonded warehouse following receipt of the goods. The exception to this is for any small producer who is exempt from using the EMCS system and in these circumstances the entry must be supported by a MVV document. Our bonded warehouse is the final destination for your shipping and they are approved to account for UK Excise Duty and Customs Duty. Please quote our approval numbers on your supporting documentation as evidence of this final destination. Please quote GB00004333977 for UK Excise Duty and R2123983GB for Customs Duty. Help and further information can be found at www.gov.uk
- SENDING FROM THE REST OF THE WORLD: Please ensure each bottle sample is accompanied by the appropriate paperwork documentation such as the C88 document. Our bonded warehouse is the final destination for your shipping and they are approved to account for UK Excise Duty and Customs Duty. Please quote our approval numbers on your supporting documentation as evidence of this final destination. GB00004333977 for UK Excise Duty and R2123983GB for Customs Duty. Help and further information can be found at www.gov.uk
- Please send your samples to the address below
International Spirits Challenge 2019
London City Bond, Global Warehouse
Burton on Trent
- Telephone: +44 (0) 20 3500 0891 extension 58401/2
|CATEGORY||BOTTLE DELIVERY DATES|
|Gin & Genever||25th January 2019|
|Liqueurs and Specialties||25th January 2019|
|American Whiskey, Irish Whiskey||22nd February 2019|
|Scotch Whisky, Japanese Whisky||22nd February 2019|
|World Whisky||22nd February 2019|
|Vodka, Aquavit, White Spirits||22nd March 2019|
|Baiju, Shochu, Soju||22nd March 2019|
|Tequila & Mezcal||22nd March 2019|
|Rum, Cachaça, Brandy, Cognac||19th April 2019|
|Armagnac, Calvados, Pisco, Grappa||19th April 2019|
|Pre-Mixed Drinks, Design & Packaging||
3rd May 2019
UK DUTY ON ALCOHOLIC SPIRITS
UK Excise Duty is payable on all alcoholic products, irrespective of strength, with the duty varying by product type. In addition, Customs Duty may be payable on goods from outside the EU, and the rate of duty varies by individual country or if there is a quota in place. This applies equally to bottles being used as tasting samples in the International Spirits Challenge (ISC) that meet the above criteria. It is an offence to avoid the payment of these taxes on samples. Further guidance may be obtained from the HMR&C National Advice Service – telephone +44(0) 8450 109000 and www.gov.uk
If you do not have UK Duty paid on your products, the ISC can help you with its “UK Duty Service” to make the process easier. When you enter the competition, simply opt to pay £30 extra per bottle and for UK Duty to be PAID and applied to your products at our bonded warehouse. This cost will include the UK Duty, taxes and administration fees. This does NOT include the shipping and customs clearance costs which you as the entrant are responsible for.
Alternatively if you wish to speak to us further on this matter, please call Rick Beaumont, International Spirits Challenge on +44 (0) 1293 558 130.